Total Pageviews

Wednesday 5 April 2017

Visual Metaphor

Welcome back to the blog!!


Today I would like to share with you a new challenge related to my latest post. As all of you know in my latest post I made a Prototype of an Open Educational Digital Project and now I present to you a poster that shows how my project it is going to turn into a collaborative digital project linking fifth graders and third graders students in a very interesting journey of matter!


But first let's clarify what is a collaborative work?


Collaborative learning is a method of teaching and learning in which students team together to explore a significant question or create a meaningful project. A group of students discussing a lecture or students from different schools working together over the Internet on a shared assignment are both examples of collaborative learning. 

In this case, as part of my Educational project I will carry out a final session related to matter and the states of matter: solid, liquid and gas. It will be included in the last session of the project called: “How much do I know?”. 

The final session will consist of a collaboration task out of the classroom connecting fifth graders as mentors of third graders. The collaborative task will be named “Fifth-graders mentor their younger schoolmates”. Taking advantage of the Natural science lesson that third graders are taking about matter and their states, fifth graders will have a chance to help them by using ICT. 

In the collaboration work ““Fifth-graders mentor their younger schoolmates” that I suggested, the fifth graders students will explore the states of matter which is the main topic of my Open Digital Educational Project. Students will record an interactive video with a clear and dynamic explanation of the topic (The matter and its states) and the instructions for a macroscopic activity about the states of matter which are going to do with third graders in order to put into practice learned things. After the lesson and the activity all of them will have to write in their journals about the experience of sharing knowledge. The video will be made with the program called Wevideo. The video will be made with the program called Wevideo. This tool is very useful for making online videos and editing fun & easy. The activity will be part of the fifth grader’s teacher assessment. 

Here I leave you the visual metaphor (Poster) that I created. In order to create this I used the digital tool called Canva which is a tool utilized to create presentations, graphic content, posters, etc. This tool it is very interesting and I believe that it can have a lot of educational possibilities because of all the templates that offers.




Copia de MENTOR PROGRAM de Andrea Judit Pérez 

 By creating this visual metaphor, I wanted to show students the mentoring program. As you can see, the showed visual metaphor implies collaboration out of the classroom linking fifth graders students with third graders.

Thanks to this challenge I have had the opportunity to enrich my project. New useful tool learned! I really hope my work be useful for you too!

Thank you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment