Total Pageviews

Friday 21 April 2017

Looking for partners

Welcome back to my blog!

My last post was about turning an open digital educational project into a collaborative one, now is time to look for partners to share my project and find collaborative running projects to fit in.

First of all, as you can check in my visual metaphor, I proposed a collaborative work for my open digital educational project. It was a collaboration work out of the classroom connecting fifth graders as mentors of third graders. The collaborative task would be named “Fifth-graders mentor their younger schoolmates”.

In the collaboration work “Fifth-graders mentor their younger schoolmates” that I suggested, the fifth graders students will explore the states of matter which is the main topic of my Open Digital Educational Project. Students will record an interactive video with a clear and dynamic explanation of the topic (The matter and its states) and the instructions for a macroscopic activity about the states of matter which are going to do with third graders in order to put into practice learned things. After the lesson and the activity all of them will have to write in their journals about the experience of sharing knowledge. The video will be made with the program called Wevideo.

For that challenge I have to browse some collaborative projects and decide on one to collaborate with. I will provide you the list and the link if you want to participate in some of them:











- So on ..

I have been taken a look for a while to all of them, and I have chosen the one that was closest to what I am looking for! This is The ESL Times, a collaborative project where the reporters want to learn and enjoy together.
The reason of my choice is because The ESL Time has as an objectives use ICT when teaching/learning ESL and promote collaborative work valuing the four language skills: Reading, Listening, Speaking and Writing. Furthermore, I think I really believe my eProject fits into this collaborative projects as it encourages children to learn in different ways and it empowers and challenges teachers to use different teaching strategies and resources in order to teach.

After finding a collaborative running project to fit in, I had to record an elevator pitch to talk that running collaborative project into accepting me as a new partner. An elevator pitch is an enterprise technique to find financial support for a project in 20 seconds. We all know that nowadays, it is very important to be quick and practical when advertising something, we are always out of time. This is why we have to value the importance of going right to the point, and for this, I have prepared my Elevator Pitch! In which I explain the main reasons why they should accept me as a collaborator.

First let’s see what are the steps recommended to follow:

Stockholm de Andrea Judit Pérez

Here it is, my elevator pitch, I hope it convinces you to support me.




I would like to left you the draft of my Elevator Pitch as well, divided into four parts as I specified befour. The draft has been posted thanks to the Issuu program.




The steps I followed in order to accomplish this challenge a were:

  1. Research about the different collaborative projects 
  2. Describe which is the collaborative projects that really fits mine. 
  3. Research about what is an Elevator Pitch. 
  4. Use canva to design a poster with the steps from the elevator Pitch. 
  5. Record a short video where I explain why they have to accept me as a collaborative partner. You only have to answer 3 questions: what, why and how. That is what I want to do, Why I want to do, and How I want to do it. 
  6. Edit my video with WEVIDEO. It´s easy to use. 
  7. Share my elevator pitch by embed directly from the tool to the blog. 

Every time that I start a new challenge I meet a new useful tool for my future job! Do not hesitate to have a look this and my previous posts to find out lots of new tools to work with!

Self-reflexion

Before finishing I would like to make a quick reflection of this challenge. This activity has allowed me to read the work of others, how they use their blog, how they manage them, every few they upload a post and so on. 

I was fascinated by the educational power of blogs, online classrooms, social networks, and so on; but definitely I am ready to jump into new collaborative projects to try and link teaching and learning ESL with the real word.

No comments:

Post a Comment